Storage & Removal
We make moving & storage simple
Safeco Self Storage and Removals want you to enjoy the self-storage or removal experience. We have provided some useful tips which should help you through this process.
- Where possible keep your frequently used items at the front of your storage unit and lesser used items at the rear.
- Protect your furniture. Cover items including mattresses with covers designed for the item.
- Make the best use of your storage unit by stacking to the ceiling where possible, working from heaviest items on the bottom to lightest items on top.
- As you move into your storage space, make a simple plan of where items are stored.
- Optimise your storage area as much as possible, store items on their end or side, remove legs from furniture where possible, stack chairs with towels or blankets between them.
- Use your fridge, appliances and cupboards to store other items like books or CDs. Make sure the doors are left ajar so air can circulate inside them.
- Tools, Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty rubbish bins.
- Don't store flammable, hazardous or perishable goods. Machinery should be drained of fuel and oils and gas bottles emptied.
Storage & Removal
- Plan ahead, make sure you have all the materials and supplies you need before you start including boxes, tape, packing materials, markers and furniture covers.
- Mark each box with its contents and keep a written inventory as you pack.
- Use larger boxes for lighter items such as linen and smaller boxes for heavier items such as books.
- Take care. Pack small things carefully into boxes with appropriate materials such as tissue paper or bubble wrap.
- Put heavier items on the bottom and mark the box "this side up."
- Packed boxes should only weigh as much as you can lift without straining.
- Make sure all your packed boxes are securely sealed with packing tape, with the tops flat (to make it easier to stack them).
- Use a portarobe to hang clothing, and other items that need to breathe and be kept crease free.
- Disassemble items where possible or practical. Use small plastic bags to store screws and bolts.
- Wrap dishes and glass ware individually, and pad the box with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Keep a box for all small incidentals such as screws, bolts, fittings, keys etc.
Simple Storage &
Safeco Self Storage and Removals is a locally owned family business which has been operating in South Australia for over 11 years. Safeco Self Storage and Removals are one of South Australias leading Storage and Removal Specialists and is a member of the Self Storage Association of Australia.
At Safeco we are able to offer our customers a one stop shop for storage, removals and moving, packaging materials. You will find our storage facilities conveniently located in the North, North-East and Western suburbs and you can choose from a large range of storage unit sizes and 4 different removal trucks to suit both budgets and various removal jobs.